Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Microwave Sponge Pudding!!

     Hey everybody!!! I'm so excited to do this blog today because this is my first food review/ recipe blog!! :D Okay, so I've been wanting to blog about food for a long time, but all the recipes are either too complicated or really not that special. But now I've found a recipe that is simply amazing! So let's go ahead and jump into it. :)
    So first things first, I am subscribed to a youtube channel called Sorted Food. They walk you through all sorts of easy recipes and teach you step by step how to make them. They also have a great website that includes all of their videos as well (linked here). Anyway, I really recommend that you check that out. You can also just youtube search 'Sorted Food' and watch their videos there. I've learned so much about cooking (truth be told....I used to be terrible in the kitchen haha) from them and they kind of put a comical twist on things. 
   Anyway, thats how I found out about this recipe- Microwave Sponge Pudding. A basic overview on this is that there is no oven required (yay!) and it only takes a few simple ingredients that you probably have lying around. For the full, complete (and probably better :P) explanation, just check out the video above. :) Oh, and sorry the video placement is so strange....it kept refusing to move. haha. 
         Okay, so now hopefully you've watched the video and realized that all the measurement types are different from those here in the United States. If your in England, than you can just use the measurements from the video. But for the US readers, here are all the conversions:
100 grams of sugar= 1/2 cup
100 grams of butter= 1/2 cup
1 egg= 1 egg (haha)
100 grams of flour= 1 cup
And for the extract= it's basically just your personal preference. Just judge it on how strong you want the flavor to be.
       Now that we are all set on that, I wanted to talk about some yummy modifications that you can make to this recipe.
      #1: Coffee: If you like coffee, this is a great alternative to the orange flavoring. Instead of orange extract, you can either and a coffee extract or if you don't have that at home, just add vanilla extract. For the topping, you can either make the chocolate sauce (add coffee extract) or you can just top with whole or ground coffee beans. And for that extra taste, serve with coffee ice cream. Yum!!
     #2: Raspberry Truffle: This is great if you love fruit. You can do this with any type of fruit (raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, etc.) and it still tastes wonderful. For the extract, just add the extract of your favorite fruit. In my case, I would add raspberry extract. You can always add multiple extracts for a fruit medley taste (I think my friend did this and it was delicious!) For the sauce, you can chop up a Godiva raspberry chocolate bar or you can use a regular chocolate bar and add raspberry extract. :) Feel free to top with whipped cream or your fresh fruit.
      #3: Vanilla Bean: I made this kind today and it was absolutely spectacular!! Just use almond extract in place of the orange. :)
     There are so many different things you can do to change this recipe...so just explore. And if you do try this, leave me a comment telling me what you think or if you have any other recipes for me to try. I'm a sucker for cooking :). Enjoy!!!

     Much Love,
     Ms. Maddi <3


P.S. Below is a picture of my Sponge Pudding. :) Ooh, and one more thing. Sorry I haven't posted in a really long time. I promise to post more in the future. :)




                  

No comments:

Post a Comment