Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Accessories

       Hey everybody!!! In my last blog I talked a lot about actual outfit trends for the springtime. But an outfit isn't complete without one thing......accessories! Today I'm going to be talking about every accessory trend of the season from purses to scarves to jewelery. I'm really excited about this blog because it's my first accessory blog! Yay!...Okay, so let's go ahead and jump into everything. :)
    The first big thing this spring is bracelets. Most of you have this type of bracelet just lying at the bottom of your jewelery box. And if you don't, here is a link to one of my favorite stores that is selling them. If you click on the link, it should bring up one of my favorite bracelets...the American Eagle Beaded Leather Bracelet!! Okay, so the key to having your wristwear (haha... is that even a word?) be in style is to look for leather and a sort of beaded look. Try to stay away to metals like gold and silver and lean toward natural earthy colors like browns and grays. Don't be afraid to wear wild bead colors on your bracelets. :) Over-sized bangles (like the ones in the picture on the right) will do the trick and add a more chic appeal to your outfit. 
     For the second thing, I am going to talk about something that I am very much obsessed with. haha. And that is....PURSES!!! The first thing you need to do is check out the Vera Bradley website and look at their spring and summer collection, which is just fabulous by the way. If you haven't heard about Vera Bradley purses, then I'll tell you a little bit about them. Vera Bradley is a unique line of purses that come in all different styles and patterns. Trust me, you will fall in love with them. Anyway, just like bracelets, leather is popular in purses as well. In the picture above, that cute brown leather satchel is the perfect example. And on the right is another example of a leather purse. Notice the sleek finish and the orange undertones. Just perfect for springtime! Also this spring, people are trying to downsize with their purses. So if you are one of those people with a lot of stuff in your purse (like me), beware! Haha. The new style is a purse with a long strap and a small body that hangs at your hip. The strap can either hang on your shoulder or go across your body. I prefer either way. They both have a very chic, feminine look.
        The final thing, well, two things actually, I'm very excited to tell you about because I have a very strong opinion on these accessories. :) And they are....belts and scarves!! I love belts and scarves and I think that they add so much to an outfit. Okay, for belts, try to look for a slim braided look. If the belt is longer and you are belting in an outfit without belt loops, you can tuck the belt around itself. If you need an example, just look at the middle girl in the picture on the left. :) If you are looking for a less obvious belt, a thin metallic gold belt (like the one that the girl in the white dress is wearing) might do the trick. And gold also goes very well with orange and white. 

       Now onto scarves. When looking for spring scarves, keep in mind the weather for where you live. Here in New York, it can still be quite cold in the early spring so I personally will look for a thicker scarf. But thats up to you. :) This spring, try for solid colors like oranges, purples, and cream colors (such as the ones in the picture on the left). Make sure the scarf complements your outfit but doesn't really stand out. You still want the color to pop but not be completely out there. Leave that for winter months. haha. The texture that is popular right now is a nice lacy look. Not too thick but not too thin. Perfect for those cool spring days. :) Below is another picture I included to show you guys some fun, cute, and comfortable ways to wear your scarf. I love how in the first picture, she has it as a headband with her hair down. I thought that that was kind of a unique look.
      I hope you enjoyed this spring accessories blog or whatever you want to call it. haha. I love talking about the seasons hottest trends and hope to do more fashion blogs. If you would like to see more of these or if your just sick of me talking about outfits :P feel free to leave a comment below and tell me what you think. :) You can also follow me here and get updated when every time I blog (yay! haha). Oh, and I love checking out other peoples blogs so feel free to leave a link to your blog below and I'll try and check it out!! 


Much love,
    
   Maddi <3



     
        

No comments:

Post a Comment