Saturday, April 2, 2011

New Spring Colors!

     Hey guys! :) Sorry I haven't posted anything in a long time...but I've been very busy planning for a trip to New York City!!!! I am super excited about that and can't wait to go!
    I was just eating dinner a few minutes ago and thought...'oh my gosh! I need to blog!' haha. 
    Okay, so today I am going to be talking about all of the awesome new spring colors and fashion favorites of the season. 
    This spring, unlike any other, is filled with the color orange! I'm happy about this because I love, love, love peachy orange lipstick colors. But in the fashion world, things are a little bit brighter. In the picture on the left, there are some models sporting the spring fashion. Most of the orange outfits  
are paired with a white article of clothing, which guarantees that your outfit doesn't come across as halloweenish. And I love the skirt that the third girl is wearing . It's a nice tie-dyed sort of look which tones down the extreme orange coloring.                              
      On the right, is a picture of orangish/peach colored lips. You have to be careful when purchasing orange lipstick that you don't get one that is too bright. Notice how in this picture, there are peach undertones. Normally, if you are going for an orange lip look, try to stay away from any orange eyeshadow or even peach blush. When you have a brighter lips, make sure to tone down everything else and use very neutral colors on your eyes and cheeks.


           Now for the last thing.... orange nail polish! Nail polish is one of my favorite things ever. Sometimes when I don't feel like using a strong orange lip color, I just take a walk on the wild side and paint my nails bright orange! This is a strong, bold, bright color that is available through many different brand. My personal favorite is the China Glaze nail polish on the right. I also own an Essie nail polish that is a few shades lighter. :)
         I hope you guys enjoyed my Spring Colors post and are now inspired to go out and buy some orange! :) I would love it if you could leave comments talking about your favorite spring colors. And it would mean the world to me if you would follow my blog. Thanks everyone for your great support and after I go on my NYC trip I will be sure to take some pictures and blog about it!!


Lots of love,
Maddi <3   
  
    

1 comment: